6 Reasons Why You Should Use Direct Mail For Your Political Campaign
1)The Social Media Door Is Crowded
People are overwhelmed with media notifications and emails flood their inboxes every day. This influx of information naturally causes voters to go on autopilot. They are not connecting with the branding messages that are meant for connection. This demonstrates the disconnect digital marketing easily fosters. Since, the overwhelming amounts messages are being funneled into one medium, this means other mediums are not as crammed. This is good news because that leaves physical mailboxes empty and open.
2) Personalization Drives Engagement
According to statistics from the USPS, 44% of mail addressed to a specific person is read immediately. 84% of consumers are more likely to open a direct mail piece if it is personalized. 59% of businesses say targeting is one of the top reasons for considering direct mail. If individualize your platform experience you can ensure that it will garner trust and authenticity.
3) Print Can Be More Powerful Than Digital
We hear so often that there is power in social media. While the volume and speed at which we can transfer information in this way is indeed powerful, we have forgotten the ways in which people not just gain information but the way they retain and remember.
A Canadian neuromarketing firm conducted a study that demonstrated two results:
- Direct mail requires 21% less cognitive effort to process than digital media, suggesting that it is both easier to understand and more memorable.
- Overall effectiveness, referred to as the motivation-to-cognitive load ratio within the study, showed that direct mail scored an average 1.31 compared to 0.87 for all digital channels. This is significant because, in this type of test, values greater than 1.0 are indicative of broad in-market success.
4) Direct Mail Has Impact on Younger Audiences
According to USPS data, 24% of businesses allow the perception that younger audiences aren’t’ attracted to mail media to work against them. Research shows that “Millennials are more likely than previous generations to scan, sort, read, and share the mail that they receive.” In fact that overwhelming amount of digital overload that millennials receive in today’s tech age, makes mail marketing a refreshing avenue. Using direct mail marketing will make younger audiences trust your campaign more often than not.
5) Direct Mail Is More Likely To Drive Behavior
In this same neuromarketing study, direct mail marketing was found to have a 20% higher motivational response rate than to digital media. If you want persuasive marketing strategies that drive voters to your campaign. This data demonstrates that direct mail marketing will not only engage your voters but possibly drive them to actually vote for your campaign.
6) Direct Mail Engages People Trust
People still look at mail as a trustworthy way to gain information. If you want persuasive marketing strategies that drive voters to your campaign. Data demonstrates that direct mail marketing will not only engage your voters but possibly drive them to actually vote for your campaign.