How Do I Export Contacts On a Mac?
This article provides guidance on how to export contact lists from Apple Contacts. Note: versions prior to 10.8 used address books instead of contacts.
- Open the Applications menu.
- Select Contacts.
- Select the contact list you would like to export wherever they are located. For example for me all my Contacts are found in my iCloud so I chose that. Perhaps yours are located right On Your Mac so you would select that.
- From the Contacts menu, select File, Export, then Export vCard… .
- Give your file a descriptive name, then select the location where you would like to save it.
- To convert the contacts’ vCard to a Comma Separated Values (.csv) file, you will need to use a third-party converter.
- A similar online tool to the one demonstrated below can be found at: vCard to LDIF/CSV Converter .
- Using the converter, select the vCard file you saved in the previous step.
- For each of the two “Format:” drop down menus, select CSV and Comma, then check the Add header line box.
- Next to the “Filter:” field, make sure you leave these two boxes unchecked: the box labelled vCards with e-mail only and the box labelled vCards with phone numbers only.To finish the process, select convert to save the .csv file.
- Note: Your .csv file will be saved in the Downloads folder.