How Do I Export Salesforce Contacts?
1. Log in to your Salesforce.com account, then click the “Reports” tab in the top navigation menu.
2. Click the “Create New Custom Report’ button to open the Report Wizard.
3. Click the “Account Type” drop-down box, and then click the contacts to export. For example, click “Accounts & Contacts” to export all contact data for accounts. Click “Leads” to export contact information for leads.
4. Click the “Tabular Report” radio button, if not selected by default, then “Next.” The Report Columns form opens.
5. Click the check box next to each column to include in the export, and then click “Next.” Optionally, check the check box next to each summary data type to include, if any, then click “Next.” The Reorder Columns screen opens.
6. Click the variable in the box to move, and then click the “Up” or “Down” directional arrow. Repeat to organize report variables as you want them to appear in the export. Click “Next.” The Report Criteria screen opens.
7. Click in the “Date” field, and then type a date that will capture all of the contacts you have saved in your contacts list. For example, enter your employment start date.
8. Click “Export Report.” The export report is created and displayed when the screen refreshes. Click the “Export Details” option to open the Export Report Details screen.
9. Click the Export File Format” drop-down box, and then click the desired file format, either “Excel (.xls)” or “Comma Delimited.”
10. Click the “Export” button, then the “Save File” option to save the exported file to your hard drive. You can instead select “Open” to open the file if you exported to Excel.