How Do I Export Gmail Contacts?
Open the Google Contacts site. Go to https://contacts.google.com/ in your preferred browser. This will open your default Gmail contacts if you’re already signed into a Gmail account. You cannot export contacts from within Gmail itself.
- If you aren’t already signed in, enter your email address and password before you continue.
Click Go to the old version. This button is in the lower-left corner of the Contacts page. Since the new version of Gmail’s Contacts app doesn’t support contact exporting, you’ll have to use the older version of Contacts to do so.
Click More ▼. It’s at the top of the Contacts page. A drop-down menu will appear.
Click Export…. This option is about halfway down the More drop-down menu. Doing so prompts a pop-up window.
Check the “All contacts” box. Click the circle to the left of the “All contacts” heading near the top of the pop-up window.
Select an export format. Click the circle to the left of one of the following options in the “Which export format?” section:
- Google CSV format – Select this option if you want to add these contacts to another Gmail account.
- Outlook CSV format – Select this option if you want to add these contacts to Outlook, Yahoo, or another email service.
- vCard format – Select this option if you want to add these contacts to Apple Mail.
Click Export. Doing so will prompt the contacts file to download to your computer. You have successfully exported your Gmail contacts.
- You may have to confirm the download or select a save location for it.