How To Create a Subdivided Budget in QuickBooks
Create a subdivided budget:
- Select the Gear icon then Budgeting.
- After that click Add Budget on the top-right corner.
- Enter the required information:
- Budget Name
- Budget Fiscal Year
- Interval: Monthly, Quarterly, or Annual
- Pre-Fill Data (select no/from previous year)
- Subdivide by, select:
- Do not subdivide
- Location (maybe asked for Business, Department, Division, Territory, Store, etc)
- Customer( Asked for Client, Donor, Member, Guest, Patient, Tenant, etc)
- Note: Subdivided new field will appear on the selected fields.
- Click next.
- Then select the category.
- After that enter the budget amounts, then click save at the lower right.
- Enter budget amounts for all subdivided categories.
- Click save and close.